If you are deciding whether you want to install solar panels or not, there are a few interesting and enlightening facts to consider. Not only should you think about the cost of solar panels, which can be way more affordable than you realize, especially when you take in to count your electricity expenses going down considerably, there are a few other things to think about, as well:
- Most significantly, solar energy is free. Once solar panels are installed, their is no cost to absorb the sun’s power. Not only is it free, but it is also a vast amount of energy that could give power to the entire earth’s population using less than 1 percent of one second of the sun’s nuclear fusion.
- Solar energy has also been around for thousands of years. Ancient peoples used pieces of glass to magnify the sun’s rays and create fires to use for cooking, warmth and protection. It was the very first renewable energy source. In Ancient Rome and Greece, homes were built with windows facing south, allowing for the sun’s rays to come in for warmth and light.
- According to Renewable Resources, spaceships have been using solar energy since 1958 on space missions.
- California has the largest solar powered plant in the world. It is located in the Mojave Desert.
- Home solar energy panels and systems are very low maintenance and will last for years to come.
- The cost of solar panels, as it becomes a more commonly accepted form of powering a home, will begin to come down due to manufacturer competition.
If you are looking for solar panel installers, The Electric Connection, is here to be of assistance. Check out more of our solar energy blogs for more information about solar panel installation, installation costs and the benefits it can add to your own home and life in the long run.