Maria asks: How do I reset a circuit breaker? Thanks, Kim!
OK, Maria, here’s some basic info on how to reset a circuit breaker. I’ve copied this info from the ELECTRICAL TIPS section on my website:
The first thing to understand is that a circuit breaker can have tripped off even when it looks like it’s in the “ON” position. This is because a circuit breaker will sometimes trip off internally, without the “ON/OFF” handle flipping to the “OFF” position.
This is what to do when you have a loss of power that you suspect may be caused by a tripped circuit breaker.
1. Shut down any computer equipment that may be affected by a loss of power.
2. Go to your circuit breaker panel and firmly flip the first breaker OFF and then back ON again.
3. Do the same thing with each circuit breaker until you have flipped all of the circuit breakers OFF and then back ON again.
4. Now check and see whether the device that didn’t have power is now back on again.
5. If your power has been restored, you’re done! If your power is still out, it’s time to call an electrician.