NOTE: At the time I wrote this book – over 30 years ago – I had owned my own electrical contracting company in Los Angeles for several years and had learned a lot about what works and what doesn’t work in creating a successful contracting company. I wanted to share with other contractors what I had learned about running a small contracting business.
If you’re thinking about starting your own contracting business or are having trouble with one that you’re already running, this book has been written for you. It covers the basics of running a small contracting company.
However, if you want to short cut the #1 problem of many small contractors – not enough customers – please feel free to contact me at HappyContractor.com. This is a second company I own that helps contractors around the country with their internet marketing.
Wishing you every Success,
- Chapter 1 – Key Actions of Running a Small Business
- Chapter 2 – Find a Customer
- Chapter 3 – Sales – Find What the Customer Needs
- Chapter 4 – Key Sales Technique – Agree That You Can Do the Job
- Chapter 5 – Sales Technique – Agree On Price
- Chapter 6 – Do the Job
- Chapter 7 – Customer Collection System
- Chapter 8 – Collect the Money – Customer Honesty
- Chapter 9 – Collect the Money – Rules and Tips for Collecting
- Chapter 10 – Running a Small Business Profitably
- Chapter 11 – Tips for Successful Contracting
- Chapter 12 – Starting or Expanding Your Business
- Chapter 13 – Running a Small Business with Employees
- Chapter 14 – Running a Small Company and Putting It All Together
- Chapter 15 – Estimating and Other Nitty Grittiy
- Chapter 16 – Final Word