One of the biggest energy hogs in your home or office is the computer and the peripherals attached to it. Luckily, there are many ways that you can save energy in your daily life by just making a few simple changes. If you are interested in more extreme changes, contacting The Electric Connection, your best resource for an electrician Pasadena knows and trusts, may be the best step. However, for now, next time you are using your computer, consider these simple tips to reduce your electric usage. (Read More)
- Turn off your monitor if you will not be using the computer for 20 minutes or more.
- Turn off the computer system itself if you will not be using the computer for 2 hours or longer.
- Attach the monitor, printer and system itself to a power strip. Then, if you are not using the system for a long period of time, you can shut the entire strip down and prevent them from using power even when shut off.
- Remember that turning off your equipment not only save the electricity the equipment uses itself, but it also reduces your home cooling costs because PC’s put off a large amount of heat.
- Using the computer’s sleep mode or power management feature can make a big difference. ENERGY STAR estimates that using these features regularly on your computer can save you up to $50 a year on electric bills.
- Do not confuse a screen saver with an energy saver. Screen savers may actually use more energy than not using one and power-down features do not always work hen you have a screen saver activated.
As you can see, these are very simple ways that you can save electricity and save money. Talk with an electrician in Pasadena from The Electric Connection and find out if there are other things you can do to save on your bill each month.