If there’s anything we know about Tesla, it’s that they keep doing better and better. This leads to more people wanting to join the movement for sustainability by owning one of their sleek vehicles.
More EV drivers on the roads increase the need for home charger installations. It’s not surprising because a home charging station offers convenience and reliability. This is where hiring an electrician for the installation also comes in.
The term Tesla certified electrician simply means an electrician or company that has undergone training by Tesla and is certified as a capable installer.
Becoming a Tesla certified electrician comes with many benefits such as:
- Having the certification shows that you invest in your career as an electrician and you probably have more knowledge and experience than others in your field.
- You get to stay updated with the latest trends in consumer and industrial electricity.
- You will be shown to EV drivers in your area as a Tesla certified electrician.
- Tesla always recommends that owners get their charging equipment installed and serviced by one of their certified electricians.
How to become a Tesla certified electrician
When you decide this program and its certification are just right for you, you’ll have to apply for it. The application is done via the Tesla website and you will be required to fill a form. Here is some information Tesla will ask you to provide in the form:
- Your full name
- Email address and phone number
- Company name
- Products you will work with
- The number of installations you hope to install in a year?
- Company address
- Number of employees
- The certifications/licenses you currently have
- Insurance document
The data may depend on if you are an independent electrician or electrical contractor/company. Further directions will be given after you submit the form. Due to great interest, the form and program may not be available at any given time.
What to expect?
As a Tesla certified installer, you would often be required to take the pictures of your completed installations and send them to Tesla.
You would need to have an electrical license and be an electrician to apply for this certification.
The Electric Connection is proud to be featured as a Tesla certified installer. We are currently installing multiple Tesla and other electric vehicle charging units and receptacles daily. It’s usually a simple job for our electricians to tackle and we’re happy to help out! Complete this simple online form for a free quote emailed to you in minutes.