Even if your electric bill isn’t really a problem for you, just imagine what you could do if you shaved it down just a tad. A few more dollars in your pocket could be put towards your retirement nest egg, save up for that new big screen television you have been wanting or maybe just going out for a nice dinner. It is your money, do as you please. There are always ways to save here and there and your electrician in Pasadena has a few simple tips you can start doing today, to get you one step closer to that nest egg. The Electric Connection has been helping customers for years with energy savings.
1-Cook with small appliances when possible. Use a toaster oven, skillet or slow cooker.
2-Use cold water to run the garbage disposal.
3. Clean the filter on your refrigerator and freezer at least twice a year for maximum efficiency. Defrost the freezer at least once a year.
4. Only run full loads in the dishwasher, washing machine, and dryer. Use warm or cold water to wash clothes with.
5. Use CFL bulbs in place of halogen light bulbs.
6. Rely on a ceiling fan to circulate air and adjust temperature in the home up or down by several degrees. This is a job for your electrician. Pasadena homeowners who rely on their ceiling fans instead of the air conditioner or furnace can save a great deal of money.
7. Turn off all lights when you don’t need them.
8. Unplug small appliances when not in use to prevent phantom energy from being stolen.
9. Install dimmer switches on your lights to reduce the amount of light created and reduce the amount of electricity used.
10. Use a timer to control outdoor lighting to only come on at dusk and turn off at dawn.
These are just a few tips. You can call The Electric Connection to begin saving money today by installing a ceiling fan and dimmer switch.