Deciding to rewire your home does not come easily, and there’s no surprise why. Aside from the fact that home rewiring projects dig deep into your pockets, there’s the disruptive nature of the project to consider. But despite what seems like two distinct disadvantages, here are the many benefits that outweigh them and support your decision for home rewiring.
- New wiring, new electrical power experience
- A dependable electrical system
- No more flickering lights, burning smells, or shortage of power
- More room to add new appliances and remodel
- Save on energy bills
- Improved electrical safety
- Reduce the chance of a power cut
- Ensure electrical wiring lifespan
- Prevent damage to your home appliances
- Increase home resale value
While a home rewire is an option for many reasons, not just any homeowner should rewire their home. There are conditions under which a home rewire is needed and they include:
- If your home is old, and the wiring is outdated
- You have hazardous aluminum wiring
- You are renovating
- Your electrical system is unsafe with several faults, flickering lights, and so on.
- Your electrical wiring has insufficient capacity
When you are experiencing any issues with your electrical system, it’s advisable to call on a professional Los Angeles electrician to inspect your wiring and point out the issue. The electrician will advise on if a home rewire is needed.
How to rewire room by room
- Make a list – Make a list of the appliances you have now and those you would like to add in a few years. It’s best to think as far as 25 years. This is because most rewiring projects are done every 2 decades. You can consider installations like:
- Lighting and ceiling fans
- Kitchen appliances
- Water heater
- Devices such as wheelchair lifts and stairlifts
- Home office electronics
- Hot tub, spa, sauna or swimming pool
- Entertainment systems
Attempting a rewiring project yourself is no joke, and it gets worse if you have no electrical experience or knowledge. It is always better to leave such demanding electrical services to professional electricians. Hiring a professional saves money in the long run, guarantees electrical safety, and is stress-free for the homeowner.
Be sure to test all your electrical components after the project and ascertain they are working fine. If you opted for DIY, ensure a professional electrician inspects the wiring room by room afterwards.
Contact A Local Los Angeles Electrician
The Electric Connection is proud to employee some of Los Angeles’ greatest electricians. If you need help with a house rewire in Los Angeles or the surrounding areas, be sure to give us a call. We have even created an online form where you can get a free house rewire quote delivered to your inbox in minutes. Don’t take a house rewire project on yourself, give us a call and we can help!